Acupuncture originated in China over 2000 years ago – it is one of the oldest and most widely used healthcare practices in the world. Today, acupuncture is understood as a safe and effective health treatment which promotes natural healing of the body. Its efficacy is being supported by scientific studies, and it is endorsed by the World Health Organisation for over 100 conditions.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine sterile (single use) needles into the skin, at specific locations to channel and balance energy . This can engender physical results such as pain relief, improved health, healing and relaxation. It is a pain-free process, individually tailored to you with each treatment. Acupuncture can be used to help heal a sore or injured back, to help with fertility issues, stress management or for support in cancer treatment – from the simple to the complex, from the purely physical through to subtle psycho-emotional issues.
Here are some commonly treated conditions:
- MUSCULOSKELETAL ISSUES: PAIN – acute e.g. treating a recent injury, sprain, strain, herniated disc
or chronic pain such as lower back pain, old injuries, RSI, Whiplash, Osteoarthritis
- STRESS REDUCTION & MANAGEMENT: including hypertension, insomnia, headaches, anxiety
- HEADACHES – common, tension, migraine
- IMMUNE SYSTEM: respiratory conditions such as the common cold or flu, childhood asthma, COPD, sinusitis, allergic rhinitus
- GUT dysfunction & DIGESTIVE DISORDERS: indigestion, stomach or duodenal ulcers, irritable bowel (IBS), ulcerative colitis, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, Coeliac
- HORMONAL BALANCE: period pain, PMS/PMT, menopause, early menopause, restoration of cycle
- FERTILITY & CHILDBIRTH: infertility (male and female), morning sickness, healthy pregnancy, fertility support, IVF support, back pain in pregnancy, labour induction, post-natal issues including depression, insufficient lactation etc
- AUTO-IMMUNE DISORDER SUPPORT: e.g. Type 1 Diabetes, Coeliac, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn’s Disease
- MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL: depression, anxiety, panic attacks, stress relief, insomnia, anger, grief
- CANCER SUPPORT – e.g manage side effects of treatment, pain management and relief, stress and emotional support, quality of life, transition support
- TRAUMA RELEASE – resetting of autonomic nervous system (sympathetic/parasympathetic), adrenal fatigue